We humans are gifted with the ability to think. Since ages, we have wondered about how we came into existence. There appear to be only two possible answers – (a) creation by an Intelligent Creator OR (b) evolution. In school, we are taught that we are here on earth as a result of millions of years of evolution. Evolution teaches that one species transformed and became another species; this implies that life must have started somewhere at some point of time on earth. Thus, the spontaneous origin of life on earth is a crucial part of the story.
Our school books tell us that the earth consisted of only non-living things, until all of a sudden, on one fine day, thousands of years ago, a ‘miracle’ took place and the first ever ‘life form’ was born on earth. Let us name this ancestor of ‘life on earth’ as ‘Micro Organism X’ or just ‘MOX.’ Now, do the circumstances surrounding the birth of ‘MOX’ ring a bill – have we heard anything similar… ‘all of a sudden’…. ‘on one fine day’…..- yes – a bill rings – the ‘big bang.’ We remember that ‘the big bang,’ too, had exploded ‘all of a sudden’ ‘on one fine day,’ without any cause or reason.
Coming to the Perfect Birth of ‘MOX’ – our books do not provide explanation for why it took place at that particular moment – why not earlier – why not later? It just happened. Why it happened – well, no particular reason…. it happened….just like that. So, why do we have to believe it – because it is the first rung of the tall ladder of later events like fish growing legs and donkeys growing wings.
Since the books give such an old date to the birth of ‘MOX,’ our thinking minds inform us that the school books will not provide any evidence to prove that the miraculous birth of ‘MOX’ actually took place. We were right – no evidence is presented – in fact, there is not even an attempt to prove it – the authors have assumed correctly that we will not question anything written by them.
So, why is the birth of ‘MOX’ a miracle – it is a ‘miracle’ because of two reasons – (a) there was no cause or underlying driving force for this ‘event’ to have taken place at all. The earth could have just gone on existing without any living things; (b) this ‘event’ has never been witnessed again.
Now, science is all about factual observations leading to the formation of a theory which can be tested and verified before it is presented as a ‘scientific principle.’ In decades of scientific research, not a single ‘MOX’ has ever been observed being born by random chance; neither has any one been able to create ‘MOX’ under controlled laboratory conditions; therefore, there is no way of verifying the theory.
So, let us examine the birth of ‘MOX’ and try to address the questions which arise in our rational minds:-
- The composition of ‘MOX’:- our books inform us that some non living substances were lying around in close proximity, by stray chance, when all of a sudden, they combined and miraculously became ‘a living thing’ i.e. ‘MOX’. Questions which arise are: – what were those substances? What was the proportion or ratio of the substances to each other? How far away were the substances from each other? Were they lying on the ground or floating on the seas or flying in the air? Was ‘MOX’ merely a collection of non living things or was there some other substance or force which combined with the existing elements to spark life in ‘MOX’? Why hasn’t anyone provided us with the magical formula for eg – nonliving substance A + nonliving substance B, under conditions O = (hey presto) living organism X. What must be the statistical probabilities of such a miracle having taken place?
- Circumstances:- our books are not very elaborate about the climatic and other conditions which were prevalent on earth when ‘MOX’ was born. Questions which arise are: – what was so special about those conditions that ‘MOX’ has never been seen to be born again, at least in the era of scientific observation? Why are 21st century scientists unable to generate such miracles today in our sophisticated laboratories?
- Life span:- our books are silent about the life span of ‘MOX.’ Why did ‘MOX’ die – I mean, since ‘MOX’ had been born in such a miraculous way, why couldn’t the miracle extend itself – why didn’t ‘MOX’ live forever? The heart of the question is – did ‘MOX’ program itself to die – or was the life span of ‘MOX’ determined by forces external to ‘MOX?’ If it programmed itself – why did it do so? And if its death was caused by an external force, – what was that force?
- Ability to think:- Our books tell us that ‘MOX’ performed some remarkable biological feats within seconds of being born, feats which even today’s scientists are unable to replicate. These are the greatest feats known in the history of life on earth. The books never tell us why ‘MOX’ did what it did – what was the motivation? Anyway, these feats could not have been possible without careful thought and analysis. The only possibilities are that (i) ‘MOX,’ in addition to being born by a slice of good fortune was also lucky enough to be born with the inherent ability to think. The other possibility is that (ii) ‘MOX’ (a) first created the ability to think in itself and then – (b) proceeded to actually think. Both the possibilities are so outrageously improbable that any sensible mind will reject them outright. A lesser doubt which arises is which part of its single celled body did ‘MOX’ use to think?
- Conditions for living:- Every living being on earth needs certain things in order to stay alive, so, ‘MOX’ must have needed these things too. There are two possibilities here, for eg – (i) ‘MOX’ was born or pre-programmed in such a way that it would able to live on ‘oxygen.’ (ii) The other option is that ‘MOX’ analyzed the available elements and then chose ‘oxygen’ as the element it would use in order to live. Both the options are extreme, even by atheistic standards. Now, is it sensible to believe that a new born ‘MOX’ could make such an important decision? A more basic question – from where did ‘MOX’ get the idea that it should survive – it could have just lived and died. What was the force which compelled/motivated ‘MOX’ to select conditions for living? Why did it not choose to live without any substances and conditions? In any case, can our rational minds accept that ‘MOX’ made such a crucial and fortunately accurate decision without the benefit of an ‘information bank’ or list of possible conditions, and that too within a short span of time?
- Reproduction:- The fable of evolution goes on to tell us that the new born ‘MOX’ made yet another crucial decision in the few seconds it had to live. Apart from determining ‘what’ it would need to stay alive, it also decided that it would reproduce itself so that life should not die out. Now, this is the most momentous decision in the history of life on earth. Remember, had ‘MOX’ been a regular micro-organism, with a little sense of wonder maybe at the idea of being born but primitive otherwise, it would have just died – and with it there would have been no life on earth.
All life on this planet with all its variety and beauty happened only because ‘MOX’ was not an ordinary, primitive and simple microorganism. ‘MOX’ not only thought and analyzed – it took the decision to reproduce itself. The entire atheistic fable of evolution hinges upon that incredible decision taken by ‘MOX’ on that eventful day. No decision by ‘MOX’ to reproduce itself = no life on earth.
So, from where did ‘MOX’ get the idea that it needed to reproduce itself – more important, how was it even aware that there was such a possibility – i.e. the possibility of reproducing itself. Our books are silent and instead simply inform us that a newly born ‘MOX’ took a historical decision and performed the mind boggling biological feat of reproducing itself. Now remember that there was no possibility for experimentation or trial and error. Things had to be got done in a few moments and a wrong move would have meant death but incredibly ‘MOX’ got it right in the very first attempt and reproduced itself.
Is it sensible for a person, with even an average IQ, to believe that ‘MOX’ would be able to dream, envisage, plan and execute its own reproduction within seconds of luckily having been born. Have we seen any parallels in real life based upon which our rational minds can accept that such a miracle took place?
- DNA:- DNA is the building block of life and we are told that every living being has its own unique DNA. The question which arises is whether ‘MOX’ was luckily born with a DNA or did ‘MOX’ create its own DNA? Our fable writers are silent on this issue but they probably felt that it would be too much of a stretch for them to ask us to believe that in addition to being born due to sheer luck, ‘MOX’ also had the good fortune to be born with DNA. Reproduction is all about passing on genetic information, so before ‘MOX’ could split into two halves, it had to replicate its DNA to make two identical strands. Educated human beings living in the 21st century know about DNA only from their school books and even today their knowledge about it is vague and imprecise. So, can our thinking minds accept yet another miracle – that a new born single celled creature which lived millions of years ago not only knew about DNA but also created DNA.
Human beings call themselves the highest form of evolved species on earth and yet their 21st century infants have no control over their bowel movements in their first few months of life. Adult human beings cannot cure themselves of even a common cold and yet, we are told to believe that millions of years ago, primitive single celled ‘MOX’ which had just been miraculously born, went on to create medical and biological history by creating DNA and reproducing itself, all within a few seconds of being born.
If the fable about ‘MOX’ is true, then, the journey from ‘MOX’ to human beings should be termed the very opposite of ‘evolution’ because while ‘MOX’ performed miracles and wondrous feats, its descendants after millions of years of evolution are woefully ignorant about their bodies and incapable of even a simple process like healing themselves.
Evolution can only work on the basis of memory. Present generations remember the drawbacks of past generations and then evolve into superior and fitter future generations. If evolution is true, then, all of us should have clear memories of past lives of our ancestors and their experiences of living conditions. The reality, however, is that we cannot even remember our days as infants let alone the past experiences of our ancestors and this ignorance tells us that we have not evolved on our own. Similarly, when we honestly accept that DNA, the building block of life, is something which we have only come to know about after reading books and that we don’t have the faintest inklings about our own DNA, it confirms what we have known all along – we have not made ourselves.
After examining all the questions and doubts which arise in our rational thinking minds, we are led to conclude that the incredible life and adventures of ‘MOX,’ as described in our school books is a lie. There are too many odds stacked against it, too many improbabilities and too many assumptions which defy common sense.
This leads us back to our very first observation which was that there could be two possible explanations for how we human beings have come into existence. The clue to the truth is hidden in that self realization. Had we really evolved from ‘MOX,’ we would have inherently known that there is only one explanation for our origin. There would have been no doubt. No question would have risen in our minds as to what could be the possible explanation for how we had come into existence.
Thus, since (i) ‘MOX’ which is the foundation of the theory of evolution has been proved to be a ‘lie,’ and (ii) we have not evolved on our own as our books have lied to us for all these years – the whole edifice of the atheistic fable of evolution comes crumbles down.
The story cooked up by atheism about a string of miracles having occurred from ‘MOX’ to humans is totally unacceptable to any thinking, analytical and rational mind. We have believed in these stories for far too long, simply because these atheistic fables have been dishonestly taught to us as ‘science.’ Now, we have seen for ourselves and satisfied ourselves that evolution is not credible and not scientific. It is merely a prop to the ‘atheistic world view’ that everyone and everything in the Universe is here merely by chance and coincidence and not by design and purpose. The time has come, therefore, to look beyond the false and obsolete philosophy of atheism and seek a more credible and believable explanation about our origins.